How can it be prevented?
Exposure to solar radiation
The incidence rate of skin cancer can be reduced providing we take a rational approach to exposure to solar radiation (common sense sunbathing) and by carrying out regular self-examination.
Self-examination of the skin
The best time for self-examination of the skin is when taking a bath or a shower. For this you will need a large mirror and a hand mirror. It is necessary to take into account skin lesions already present and to note any change or the appearance of a new lesion.
The steps to follow are:
- Examine your face and then, with your arms raised, your body, both front and back as well as the sides.
- Examine arms, forearms, hands and nails.
- Behind the legs. In a seated position, examine your feet, particularly the soles and between your toes.
- Examine your neck and back with a hand mirror, not forgetting the scalp with the aid of a comb, parting the hair to get a good view.
- Examine your lower back, buttocks and genitals with a hand mirror.
|Monday||9.00 - 15.00 h||15.00 - 20.00 h|
|Tuesday||9.00 - 15.00 h||15.00 - 20.00 h|
|Wednesday||9.00 - 15.00 h||15.00 - 20.00 h|
|Thursday||9.00 - 15.00 h||15.00 - 20.00 h|
|Friday||9.00 - 15.00 h||15.00 - 20.00 h|