Institute of Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology
- Within Centro Medico Teknon, the Institute of Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology (ICMI) takes up the of the biggest medical spaces on the campus and is located in a prime location on the third floor of the Vilana doctors' offices building.
- In its drive towards excellence, the ICMI has been certified in accordance with the ISO quality standard.
- All our facilities are connected by means of an intranet that allows for comprehensive computerized handling of all patient information, including data collection and processing, storage and data exchange with the patient.
- The ICMI's Facial Deformity Unit (Orthognathic Surgery) was the first unit in Spain to have a three-dimensional analysis system for facial photographs and scans. This system makes it possible to carry out precise planning of facial surgery.
- The ICMI's Dental Implant Unit is equipped with state-of-the-art virtual-simulation programs which can use a three-dimensional scan of the patient to determine the ideal position for implants and even create an immediate prosthetic device.
- Our Institute also has cutting-edge technologies for treating maxillofacial and oral problems, such as surgical microscopes and lasers.
- We devote all this time and these resources so we can successfully do what we love to do: provide patients with the best possible care for oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- The mission of the Institute of Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology (ICMI) is to offer the best quality we can, to understand our patients and to treat them the way we would like to be treated.
- To comply with this mission, we have established a Quality Policy with basic quality standards that are assumed by all the people who work at the ICMI and all the people who collaborate with us.
- Providing our clients with excellent care, which involves understanding their situation and creating a relaxed, friendly atmosphere.
- Respecting human rights, putting ethics and quality care before all else.
- Motivation and coordination of staff while supporting teamwork and professional development.
- Endorsing an innovative entrepreneurial spirit to maintain a strategy of technological progress and continuous improvement.
- With the aim of implementing and constantly improving on these quality values, management voluntarily undertook to implement a quality system and to obtain and maintain certification in accordance with international standards ISO 9000:2000 and the Excellent Private Healthcare Model (SEP).
- The management of the Institute of Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology will provide support through its organization, equip the Institute with resources and promote continuous-improvement activities so that everyone participates in the common interest of offering the best quality service.
Centro Medico Teknon offers comprehensive healthcare services in an atmosphere where the emphasis is on providing personalized care and support with state-of-the-art technology in each area of patient care.
The current 60,000-m2 facilities were inaugurated in 1994. Centro Medico Teknon campus is divided into eight main areas, all of which are connected and provide direct access to the centre’s 1000-space parking garage. These eight areas are:
- Hospitalization in rooms with all the necessary medical-healthcare equipment, as well as plenty of light, individual heating and air-conditioning control and television. The Centre has 300 private rooms, 19 suites and 12 incubators.
- The Surgical Area has 20 operating theatres equipped with cutting-edge technology where about 14,000 operations are carried out each year.
- The Day Hospital was created for all patients whose treatment does not require an overnight stay at the Centre. The day hospital has 42 rooms and 3 outpatient operating theatres.
- The Intensive Care Unithas 14 multipurpose beds for children and adults.
- Doctors’ Offices with a medical staff of more than 300 professionals covering all medical-surgical specialities for adults and children. All facilities are connected for easy access for patients. The doctors’ office area is located in 2 buildings with 96 offices, all of which are connected to the clinic and have direct access to the parking garage.
- The Diagnostic Services Area is divided into: diagnostic imaging, the laboratory and additional tests.
- The Emergency Service is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. It is staffed by a top-rate team of professionals and has the most advanced medical equipment to respond quickly, effectively and safely to an average of 300 medical emergencies at Centro Medico Teknon.
- Instituto Oncologico Teknon (Teknon Oncology Institute) offers comprehensive healthcare for the diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
- Instituto Cardiovascular Teknon
The Institute of Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology is located at Centro Medico Teknon in Barcelona, Spain. The centre is on Carrer de Vilana, near Passeig de la Bonanova in the Sant Gervasi district. Centro Medico Teknon is located in a quiet neighbourhood that is accessible by public and private transport. The centre has its own parking garage for clients. Centro Medico Teknon provides the utmost comfort and convenience to patients and accompanying parties.
The Institute of Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology is on the third floor of the Vilana doctors’ office building. The main entrance of Centro Medico Teknon on Carrer de Vilana leads directly to the lobby and the information desk, where patients can ask for directions to the Vilana building.
Getting there by car
Visitors who come by car on the Ronda de Dalt ring road can use the entrance on Carrer de Marquesa de Villalonga to park in the large underground parking garage. Patients coming on Passeig de Bonanova can use the entrance on Carrer de Villana.
For visitors coming from outside the city of Barcelona, the easiest route is to take southbound exit No. 7 or northbound exit No. 9 on the Ronda de Dalt ring road.
Getting there from the airport
El Prat International Airport of Barcelona is located 5 km south of the city. It is well connected with the main roads that lead into the city.
The Institute of Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology is 8 km from the airport. It can be reached by taxi, bus or train.
Getting there by train
In the upper part of the city of Barcelona there are two railway lines that are relatively close to the Institute. Sants Estació, the nearest station on the RENFE line (National Railway Network) is 2.5 km from the Institute.
Sarrià, the nearest station on the Catalan government’s railway network (Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat), is 750 m from the Institute.
Other public transport
The Barcelona public-transport system is a modern facility with several metro lines and many bus lines that connect all the city’s neighbourhoods. Barcelona also has plenty of taxis that can be hailed all over the city.
To find the best combination on public transport, use the services provided by Transports Metropolitans de Barcelona (TMB) on its website (www.tmb.net).
The nearest station on the Catalan government’s railway network (Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat) is Sarrià, which is located about 750 m from the Institute.
In the immediate vicinity of the Institute of Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology there is a wide selection of accommodation and restaurants for family members and accompanying parties of patients admitted to Centro Medico Teknon. This is a major advantage because it helps cut down on travel time.
Noelia Valldeperas, the treatment coordinator at the Institute of Maxillofacial Surgery and Implantology’s Public Relations Service, will do all she can to help make arrangements for your trip and stay in Barcelona.
|Monday||9.00 - 15.00 h||15.00 - 20.00 h|
|Tuesday||9.00-15.00 h||15.00 - 20.00 h|
|Wednesday||9.00-15.00 h||15.00 - 20.00 h|
|Thursday||9.00-15.00 h||15.00 - 20.00 h|
|Friday||9.00-15.00 h||15.00 - 20.00 h|