José Emilio Batista Miranda
Hospitals where he/she works:
- Centro Médico Teknon
- Member of Centro Médico Teknon since 1996, with full dedication since 2003. Co-ordinator of the Urodynamics unit and "Quality of life" programs within Teknon Foundation
- "Locum" clinical co-ordinator of the Urodynamics Unit at Vall d’Hebron University Hospital (2005)
- Member ot the Ethics commitee at Barcelona's College of Physicians and member of various international expert panels (ICI, BPH etc). Reviewer for Urology Journals.
- MD by the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona/Vall d’Hebron Hospital (1987), with Honours
- Specialist in Urology thorugh the National Residency Program (MIR) at Fundació Puigvert (1993)
- PhD with a Thesis on "Oxibutinin in children with unstable detrusor" Cum Laude (1997)
- Training visits to Viena, Los Angeles and Bristol (UK)
- "La Caixa" fellowship at Boston University and Boston’s Children’sHospital (Harvard University, 1994)
- He has participated in 13 research projects. Among them,7have taken place through Teknon Foundation
- He runs a course recognised by the International Continence Society (ICS) to train nurses and doctors in urodynamic diagnosis (first Spain and the sixth in the world)
- He has been guest speaker in over 30 meetings, as well as pre and post graduate courses in medical and nursing schools of Barcelona
- He has collaborated with general media in Spain and the USA
- Author of 96 papers in medical Journals (23 international),and author of 9 book chapters (Publications in Spanish, English, German, Japanese and Catalan).
- Author of over 50 communications to meetings.