The Laser Platform
The current necessity in Medicine to effect ambulatory treatments, by reducing the hospital stay of patients, together with the important technological development of diverse types of therapies with laser has brought about the introduction of these techniques, that improve, without any room for doubt, the therapeutic results.
A laser platform includes different types of lasers:
- The carbon dioxide one can act:
- As a substitute or complement to the scalpel by means of a cutting effect. Its use is recommended in procedures of patients with anti-coagulant treatment, vascular tumors, risk of keloids, burns, etc.
- For its effect of vaporization y coagulation, it is recommended in the removal of benign tumors, pre-malignant, inflammatory or cystic lesions.
- To perform abrasions or cutaneous rejuvenation. In this case, it can be associated with the laser of Er-YAG.
In laser treatment to eliminate or resolve lesions, we base ourselves on the concertó of selective photothermolysis, that is to say, to lesion the concrete structure without damaging the surrounding tissues. For this purpose, we need to work with a wave length that corresponds to the absorption of chromo form contained the lesion and to utilize pulses that might be shorter than the time of thermic relaxation. Such as:
- In the treatment of vascular lesions such as spider veins, varicose veins, congenital lesions (angiomas, angioqueratomas, venous lacks, angiofibromas and glomical tumors, among them, we may use the Argon Laser (488 – 514 nm), copper vapor lasers (57n8 nm and Crypton ( 568 nm) Nd Yag-KTP (532 nm) or flash lamps (414-1200nm) with a pulsating laser in the near infra-red spectrum ( 1065 nm) with which vessels of almost 3.5 nm in diameter and depth of up until 5.mm can be treated
- To resolve pigmented lesions, both congenital (nevus, coffee with milk stains???) as well as those acquired (spots, benign small brown patches of skin, masks of pregnancy seborrheic keratosis, malignant lesions such as basocellular carcinomas, pigmented and tattoes such as decorative or cosmetic The laser of Nd-Yag beating laser can be utilized, QSwitched (1064 nm) and Nd-Yag KTP (532 nm), laser Q rubi (694 nm), alexandrita (755 nm) or of beating color )(510 nm).
- For the treatment of hirsutism, various laser systems have been utilized such as the ruby, Nd-YAG or Alexandrita. Also flash lamps and most recently laser of diodos have been successfully utilized.
It is not necessary to have all of these systems, as we see there are multiple possibilities and we can use one laser or another depending on the pathology that we want to treat, likewise according to the characteristics of the system and the method of application, we will obtain determined effects.
In order to correctly utilize these systems, to obtain the maximum performance and to minimize the secondary effects, it is necessary that they be utilized by a professional who specializes in laser techniques who knows perfectly the physics of light, the diverse pathologies susceptible to be treated with laser and how light interacts with the tissue to be applied of the enumerated pathologist. It can be performed on an ambulatory basis, general anesthesia is not required, but local. It is very useful in patients under treatment with anticoagulants. It is a clean surgery with less area of necrosis and less traumatic post-operative period.
An important disadvantage is the cost of the equipment and their maintenance. The necessity of their being managed by an expert professional even though in part who lacks the treatment, on another hand, that is, yields a profit, since an expert in these systems does not need a battery of them, but that depending on the pathology most frequently treated, chooses the apparatus most adequate and by varying the parameters of treatment, makes this one versatile and capable of treating successfully different pathologies.
|Monday||09.00 - 21.00 h|
|Tuesday||09.00 - 21.00 h|
|Wednesday||09.00 - 21.00 h|
|Thursday||09.00 - 21.00 h|
|Friday||09.00 - 21.00 h|