Cirugía General y del Aparato Digestivo
- Cirugía general digestivo
Hospital / Centro:
- Centro Médico Teknon
- 1990-1991 Staff Surgeon in the Service of General Surgery, Santa Tecla Hospital (Tarragona-Spain).
- 1991-1997 Staff Surgeon and Coordinator of the Surgical Section in the Emergency Department, Bellvitge University Hospital –Barcelona.
- 1991-2005 Staff Surgeon of the Department of General and Digestive Surgery- Bellvitge University Hospital.
- 2005-2010 Head of the Colorectal Unit – Department of General and Digestive Surgery- Bellvitge University Hospital.
- 2010- present, Chief of the Department of General and Digestive Surgery- Bellvitge University Hospital.
- 2002-2015 Associate Professor of Surgery University of Barcelona
- 2015- Professor of Surgery, University of Barcelona
- Graduated in Medicine in the University of Messina (Italy) (1979-1985).
- Training in General Surgery in Messina-Italy (Policlinico Universitaio,1985-86) and in Barcelona-Spain (Bellvitge University Hospital 1987-90)
- PhD in 1997, University of Barcelona, with Doctoral Thesis "Analysis of one-stage procedure in left colonic emergencies". Extraordinary special prize from the University of Barcelona 1998.
- 2003, European Board of Coloproctology (EBSQ)
- 2003-2017, Editor of the Spanish Journal of Surgery "Cirugia Española" (Indexed in Pub-med in 2005 and in JCR in 2009, waiting for impact factor in June 2012).
- 2009-2015, Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal "Colorectal Disease"
- Since 2014, Member of the Editorial Board of the British Journal of Surgery
- Since 2015 Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Digestive Surgery
- Since 2017 Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Techniques in Coloproctology
- Reviewer of the journals: Colorectal Disease, Diseases of the Colon and Rectum, Annals of Surgery, British Journal of Surgery, Journal of the American College of Surgeons, the Lancet, New England Journal of Medicine
- 2013-2015, President of the Spanish Association of Coloproctology (AECP)
- Member of the Spanish Society of Surgery; the European Society of Coloproctology; the European Surgical Association (ESA).
- Examiner for the European Board of Coloproctology
- 2017- Coordinator of the Section of Coloproctology of the Spanish Association of Surgeons (AEC)
Investigación y docencia
- Colorrectal cancer; Colonic Diverticulitis; Colorectal emergencies; Bowel obstruction.
- Principal Investigator in 5 competitive projects.
- 130 publications in Scientific Indexed Journals